Massage therapies date back to thousands of years and have been mentioned in writings from different parts of the world such as India, Arabic nations, Egypt, Greece, Rome and Ancient China.
The usage of massage therapies are for various reasons: address anxiety, depression, rehabilitating sports, health-related purposes, relieving pain, aid general wellness and increases relaxation.
A massage therapy session in a spa in south Mumbai causes physiological effects in our body. Those effects are:
- Mechanical Responses: these responses are the physical effects that occur in our body when we apply pressure to soft tissues.
- Relaxation Responses: these responses are relaxative at the same time involuntary response by the nervous system to touch and massage therapy.
What is Mechanical Response?
There are two major effects due to physical manipulation, they are: normalization of the soft tissues such as the tendons, connective tissues, ligaments etc. which releases deeper connective tissues and nerves.
- Massage therapy is said to improve lymph circulation and blood. This due to the chemicals released during the relaxation response and physical effect on soft tissue. Better circulation can increase the delivery of nutrients and oxygen to muscle cells. Improved circular growth means the tissues are able to function properly.
- It can also reduce nerve compression as because when muscles are contracted they often compress the nerves around them. If the nerves are not decompressed through muscle relaxation, they won't be able to operate efficiently and get proper nutrients.
- Organs also benefit from massage therapy. This happens so because they share a pain pathway with nerves, bones and muscles. Distressed organs sometimes can reflect dysfunction and distress.
What is Relaxative Response?
Spa in Goregaon for body massage use one key principle for massage therapy called relaxation response where a safe and caring touch is an invitation to relax.
- In relaxation response, your blood pressure goes down, your muscles relax, heart and breathing slow down and decreases the production of stress hormones.
- It also decreases the risk associated with stress such as persistent fatigue, hypertension, digestive disorders, insomnia cardiac arrhythmias, sexual dysfunction, psychological issues, anxiety etc and reduces the physical effects of stress.
- The relaxation response increases the level of a chemical called serotonin, which affects the positive thoughts and emotions of our body.
A massage therapist in a spa in Goregaon for body massage uses relaxation techniques such as gliding strokes on both back and front of the arms and legs, passive stretching of muscles in the back and neck and kneading.
Massage can be a powerful way to help you in taking charge of your well being and health, whether you are looking for another stress reliever or you are suffering through specific health condition. These massage therapies are no longer only available at health clubs or elite spas. Today, it is offered at various places of interest such as airports, hospitals, businesses and clinics.