Well, there are certainly contrasting opinions when it comes to spas and performing spa treatments. There are some people (especially the stressed out people) who are well acquainted with the spa wonders in today's modern day world while a few consider it be a waste of time and money. But unfortunately for the latter set of people nowadays even science has recognized the medical worth of spas and has approved its proven essential benefits.
So what do you do? This is where a body massage can be a blessing, a place that helps you indulge in some much-needed 'me' time, to switch off and relax, recharge, reflect, detox and beautify. Modern-day massage caters to a range of health-promoting experiences. The healing powers of touch therapy have been expounded on since ancient times. Massage and touch therapies are thus intrinsically connected. The nurturing touch of a skilled therapist's hands on one's body has benefits that go beyond the realm of the physical. Some of the essential benefits of full body massage are -
- It makes you feel GREAT! Massage has been found in clinical studies to boost mood and can help alleviate symptoms of depression and sadness. Aromatherapy massage uses essential oils, which have medicinal properties and can be chosen for their mood-enhancing qualities.
- Massage helps you relax! If you are feeling stressed or uptight, massage is for you. The deep, soothing, and rhythmical strokes of a good massage should feel pleasurable to receive and they help the body to unwind as tensions are released.
- Massage helps reduce muscle tension and can alleviate muscular aches, pains, and injuries. Massage helps alleviate stiff neck, pain in the joints, back pain, and so on. Massage helps block pain receptors in the nervous system and it increases blood flow to the muscles. This can help increase joint mobility, and so can be beneficial for conditions such as arthritis.
- Massage helps reduce symptoms of anxiety. By lowering the cortisol levels in the body, massage helps calm the mind and relax the body. Anxiety is inevitably reduced through this process.
- Massage helps alleviate tension headaches. Tension headaches can be caused by postural misalignment or by muscular tension in other areas of the body. Massage relaxes the entire body and this release can result in the diminishment of tension headaches.
- It helps you get a good night’s sleep. Massage helps you relax so deeply that you may feel very sleepy after a session. If you plan to have your message later in the day, it can lead you into a deeply restorative and restful sleep.
- It helps you detoxify the body. Massage helps stimulate the lymph system, which helps carry toxic waste from the muscles, organs, and tissues. This can help with digestion and will improve your overall health.
- It can even help you improve posture. Postural imbalance can be caused by muscular tension. Massage helps the muscles to deeply release any tension. Once relaxed, the body can return to its natural state of balance and correct alignment can ensue.
- Trigger point therapy, myofascial, and Swedish massage can ease symptoms of fibromyalgia. Swedish massage provides relaxation and stress relief that helps ease fibromyalgia pain.
So for those living in cst and leading a hectic life, personalized body massage would be the best option. It would rejuvenate the body, mind, and soul. This would give you a new life to lead which would be much more peaceful, calm and composed.